To maximise the life of your salt water chlorinator, frequent upkeep is required.
The following maintenance advice will help get you started:
- Buy a chlorinator that features reverse polarity as this decreases the risk of scale build-up on the cell.
- Aim to uphold the correct level of salt for your salt chlorinator model – refer manufacturer’s instructions for correct level
- Maintain correct water balance. If you are not using Perfect Balance, ensure calcium levels are kept as low as possible while still upholding appropriate levels for your pool as per the manufacturer’s instruction.
- Check the salt cell once a year to see if there is any build up on the salt cell plates. If necessary, clean with a suitable salt cell cleaner.
- It is best to switch the chlorinator off if a lightning storm occurs, as power surges can damage the Control Board.